|Arsenal wall on Rio de le
Vergini (from Ponte San Daniel).
Remains of the portal from the demolished Augustinian convent of Santa Maria delle Vergini.
Made of Istrian stone and marble, it depicts God the Father above the Madonna and Child.
To their side stand Saint Mark (left) and Saint Augustin (right).
The legend underneath reads:
MDLVII ADI II MAZO
SPES ET AMOR GRATO
CARCERE NOS RETINET
S. M. DELE VERZENE
(May 2, 1557; Hope and Love Keep us in this Gratifying Prison)