|Church of Sant' Elena, Castello.
The sculpture depicts the sea-captain Vettor Cappello kneeling in front of Saint Helena. It is often attributed to Antonio Rizzo although some sources attribute it to Niccolò Fiorentino. It dates from the second half of the 15th century. Venetian admirals used to pay tribute to Saint Helena, whose body is kept in this church, before setting sail for their sea adventures. Saint Helena, a Christian and the mother of Emperor Constantine, discovered the True Cross in Jerusalem and made sure that fragments of it reached the four corners of the world and spread the message of Christ.
The sculpture was relocated to the church of Sant' Aponal in 1841, after the church of Saint' Elena was deconsecrated, and it was moved back to its original location in 1929, after the restoration of the church.